Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful in convincing my mom to bring her dog Eli (white poofy standard poodle) down with her. Apparently he isn't a fun travel companion AND my mom didn't have space in her car. The reason she didn't have space in her car - she was bringing down ALLLLL of my things that I apparently left in their basement when I moved to Virginia. Seven big tupperware bins worth of stuff. The best finds:
- New Kids on the Block video cassette (Step By Step, if you were wondering)
- All of my "congrats, you participated" ribbons I won during elementary school field days.
- Scrapbook from all four years of high school x-country, winter, and spring track.
- Journals, from sophomore and junior year of high school. HILARIOUS! I spent a good few hours reading those last weekend. More angst than the Twilight series.
- two lone dishes from college (they must've been the only two that I washed, the rest must've rotted away all dirty in the closet).
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. The bins are now living in our guest room, but I think Mark will only allow for a limited-time occupancy, so I'd better start figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of.
I miss you Mom (and so do Miles and Mark)! Come back soon!