Pages

16 June 2011

Training. More training. Even more training.

I am living in my workout clothes. I've forgotten that I own anything besides work clothes and workout clothes. My laundry basket is full of ONLY gross, nasty, dirty workout clothes. My wonderful sister-in-law, Allie, who is out visiting us for the week, just offered to do some laundry for us tomorrow when she does a load of her own clothes. I told her no, I'm too squeamish at the idea of anyone else touching the disgusting workout clothes spilling out of our hamper.

During these past few weeks, I've started to feel like Ironman training is taking over my life. I don't remember feeling like this during past Ironmans (or maybe I've just forgotten this is how it feels). I literally eat (and eat and eat), sleep (not enough, never enough), swim (I smell like chlorine 50% of the time now), bike (my rear end hurts at the thought of my bike commute tomorrow) and run (no complaints there, strangely enough), and go to work.

And you know what... I love it. I love getting into the office at 9am, knowing that I already worked out for more than two hours. I love getting home at 8pm, because I stopped off at the pool on my way home for an after-work swim. I love being so tired at 9:30 at night that I'm already almost asleep. I love having a goal and doing what it takes to work towards it. Yes, there is always something more I wish I could be doing training-wise. Alot of the time, I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day, or I'm not focused enough, etc etc. It's something I'm working on - I need to become better at time-management, because it will make the whole work-life-training balance a little easier to achieve.

Now I'm off to put on the one set of non-workout/work clothes for the day (pajamas!) and try to get some much needed sleep.

No comments: