Pages

30 September 2012

Big thanks!

I raced today and it went really well.  But more importantly, I was reminded about what an awesome, awesome community the triathlon community is.  I have made so, SO many friends through this sport - great friends, people who are willing to help each other out, even though we are also each other's competitors.  People who send you words of encouragement, because they know you have a race coming up.  Who knew that you could make some of your closest friends through riding a bike??  I'm also reminded just how small and intertwined the community is, in a good way.  This leads to a never-ending string of awesome people to train with, hang out at races with (and, of course, eat cupcakes and ice cream with both pre-and post-race, ha!).  So, I just wanted to say thank you to all my friends and training partners who have made my life so much richer.  From my fantastic Tucson tri camp friends for all their messages and cheers (special thanks to Stacey for all the in-person cheers today, you are great!), to my local DC triathlon training buddies and friends who flood my phone and Facebook wall with encouragement and are awesome people to race with, to the fellow athletes I've met through blogging.  I'm just so happy right now!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

This post made ME happy, too!

Katie said...

YOU ARE A FUCKING ROCK STAR

(ack sorry if your mom reads the comments, fudging rock star mom!)