Pages

14 December 2009

A Love Story


Wedding photo - 8 Sep 06


I am REALLY good at remembering dates - it's one of my odd talents. I'm even good at remembering the day of the week those dates occurred on. For example, Mark and I first saw each other on Wednesday 6 Oct 04. And it took over a month for us to actually first talk. And today marks five years to the day that we first said we loved each other. Monday 12 Dec 04 in the Harris Teeter parking lot - it may not sound romantic, but it was perfect. We were heading into the grocery store to pick up something to cook for dinner, and we both just had an overwhelming urge to say it.
Perhaps you'd like to hear the story of how Mark and I met? I think it's very cute, but I may be a little biased.

So, Mark and I may have seen each other for the first time
on 6 Oct, but we didn't actually have a conversation until 11 Nov. Instead, during that whole month of being too shy to say anything to each other, I would just walk by his office about 5 times a day, hoping that he'd notice and we'd eventually have a conversation. I guess he did notice me and was trying to slyly figure out my name and such, because one day I walked by his office when he was talking to a co-worker and that co-worker chased me down, asked me who I was, and then said, "Follow me, you have an admirer down the hall that I want to introduce you to." She walked me down to his office, introduced us, and then just walked away. We were both blushing like mad, ended up chatting for about 20 minutes, and had our first date the next night, and got engaged exactly 8 months after that. Until I met Mark, I never believed it when people said, "when you meet the right person, you just know." But it's true, I knew there was something special literally from the moment I first saw him.

And so, to the best husband in the world, thank you for making these past five years wonderful and I can't wait for many, many more!

Here are a couple pictures from the early years, heehee!
First photo together - SAIC holiday party 2004. I think it looks like we're going to prom.


Engagement photo from fantastic photographer Lara Woolfson!




A little karaoke the night before our wedding.

No comments: