Pages

29 April 2012

I Made It!!

Aaaand the month of travel is over.  Five weeks.  Twelve flights (bleck).  Three continents.  Five time zones.  Five cities.  LOTS of friends and great fun.  Now I'm tired and I think I could sleep for a week.  At the very least, I'm looking forward to NOT getting on a plane next weekend.

I stayed with my parents this weekend when I was up in New Hampshire for my childhood friend Heather's wedding.  The wedding was beautiful, the bride was gorgeous, and I'm hoping that the newlyweds will come and visit me in DC sometime soon (hint, hint if you are reading this Heather!)

The bride and I

It was so nice to see my parents as well.  My mom sent me home with some of her homemade granola and a box of Maypo, both of which I will be rationing since neither of those can be found in stores down here.  Lucky for me, Mr. Sweetie doesn't like Maypo so there won't be a throwdown in our household every morning at breakfast.  There were also sweets galore at the house (Magnum bars, mini eggs, York peppermint patties, brownies, Lucky Charms, and Cinnamon Toast Crap) and with my first race of the season coming up next weekend (!!!), I tried to restrain myself (I did give in to the Magnum bars and Lucky Charms, mostly in moderation though).

PS - reason number 685 I don't live in New England anymore.  It was the last weekend in April and I had to wear tights for my run.  And gloves.  It was that cold.

Speaking of running and such - mission accomplished for this week.  NO skipped workouts.  I managed to get a long bike ride in on Friday before I left for New England, it was a windy day of repeats around Hain's Point.  Not the most exciting ride, but definitely the most efficient time-wise and it's a good place to go when you want to bury yourself in your aerobars and just go.  Saturday was a run that was a bit harder than it looked on paper, but I felt pretty good during the whole thing.  I ran the circuit I usually run when I visit my parents - down the first street we lived on when we first moved to town, past my middle school bus stop, past my best friend from middle school's house, past my old, old, old, old house, and straight to the house of some close family friends.  I always knock on their door and say hello whenever I run by their house, they are never surprised and always very welcoming when I come banging on the door at 9am on a Saturday.  After that quick visit, my run was complete.  I was lucky enough to see a few other friends from home that I don't get to see nearly enough and then the weekend was over.

I'm already excited for this week - semi taper topped of with a race!  Really doesn't get much better than that!

3 comments:

ADC said...

Oh you are racing this week :)))

Caroline said...

I am, I am!!

Katie said...

hooray you are back! hope you starting to feel better!