Pages

01 May 2012

Uh-oh

So, I guess it was bound to happen with all the travel, the less than ideal number of hours of sleep, etc.  I've caught a cold.  At least I hope it's only a cold.  My immune system is typically pretty cooperative, so I guess I can't be too irritated about this.  It started yesterday after I got to work and by the end of the day, ICK would be the best descriptor of how I was feeling.  Unfortunately, I had also biked to work in the morning and I was NOT in the mood to bike home.  I was able to convince my husband to pick me up at L'Enfant Plaza, so I only had about a 10-15 minute bike ride, totally doable.  Last night I parked myself on the couch and watched episode after episode of The Office and then went to bed early in the hopes of waking up feeling perfectly fine.  Didn't happen and neither did my swim or my run.  Or yesterday's strength training session.  At this point, I will basically do anything to feel better by the weekend.  Sigh.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

ugh! I hope you feel better soon!

And your husband is great :)

The Miller Family said...

Feel better soon!!!!

gmgizmo9 said...

I hope you feel better soon, Caroline! I've been sick for a week now. :-/

Caroline said...

Thanks guys - things should hopefully feel fine by race day! Gina - I hope you are on the mend, missed you at the pool yesterday!