Pages

13 January 2011

Almost got dropped at swim

Oh. My. Gosh. Turns out, these past two swim practices, my new lane was just going easy on me. This morning at 5:30am, the hammer was thrown down to the bottom of the pool and by the end of the second set, I was almost at the bottom with it. The second set was a 400, descending by 100 into Zone 4 by the last one. Instead, I think I was in Zone 4 the whole time, and as I crept into Zone five, the feet in front of me were disappearing into the abyss. It was at this moment that I could've just thrown in the towel, hung onto the wall for a 50 and taken a break. It was tempting. I'm not used to being dropped in a swim. And I didn't like it. BUT, I made an active decision as I was swimming hard, that I would continue to swim hard, harder if I had to, and there was no way I was going to hang on to that wall, stop, or move down. I needed this challenge. And, I took this set as a good mental exercise. Banish all negative thoughts, tell myself that I can do it, that I WILL do it, and just put my head down and go. Simple as that.

Today's menu was much like yesterday's. In fact, exactly like yesterday's. Veggie quesadillas so good that I didn't even miss the cheese, and a veggie burger so good that I didn't miss the mayo or cheese. I am craving chocolate so I think I may need to bake some cookies tomorrow.

No comments: