13 January 2011

Almost got dropped at swim

Oh. My. Gosh. Turns out, these past two swim practices, my new lane was just going easy on me. This morning at 5:30am, the hammer was thrown down to the bottom of the pool and by the end of the second set, I was almost at the bottom with it. The second set was a 400, descending by 100 into Zone 4 by the last one. Instead, I think I was in Zone 4 the whole time, and as I crept into Zone five, the feet in front of me were disappearing into the abyss. It was at this moment that I could've just thrown in the towel, hung onto the wall for a 50 and taken a break. It was tempting. I'm not used to being dropped in a swim. And I didn't like it. BUT, I made an active decision as I was swimming hard, that I would continue to swim hard, harder if I had to, and there was no way I was going to hang on to that wall, stop, or move down. I needed this challenge. And, I took this set as a good mental exercise. Banish all negative thoughts, tell myself that I can do it, that I WILL do it, and just put my head down and go. Simple as that.

Today's menu was much like yesterday's. In fact, exactly like yesterday's. Veggie quesadillas so good that I didn't even miss the cheese, and a veggie burger so good that I didn't miss the mayo or cheese. I am craving chocolate so I think I may need to bake some cookies tomorrow.

No comments: