Pages

22 January 2011

Cheater

I'll admit it. I'm a vegan-diet-cheater. Just one time, though (or rather, for just this one thing). As my previous post explained, I'm sick with the flu. We're now on Day 5, and while I'm starting to feel better, I'm still a germ-infested snot bucket. And you know what I wanted more than anything else in the world, the only thing that would make me feel better? Cold Stone Creamery's Birthday Cake Remix. Back in May 2009, I spent much of Memorial Day Weekend feeling like poo because I had gotten like three shots that Friday in preparation for my trip to Nepal. And apparently some of those shots can make you feel under the weather, especially when you get a bunch of them all at once. Mark brought home some Birthday Cake Remix for me that weekend and it made everything better. Seriously.

So, this afternoon when Mark headed out to do some errands, I half jokingly asked for some birthday cake remix. Then I took it back and said I'd rather have a vegan cupcake from Whole Foods. But I really wanted that ice cream. And I think Mark really wanted me to have that ice cream, because guess what I found in the freezer... It took all of my self control not to lick the inside of the lid and eat straight from the carton. And. It. Was. Phenomenal.

I'll be having more for dessert tonight. I feel better already.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I hope you are feeling better! The flu stinks and anything that gets you through it is worth it.

gmgizmo9 said...

I also hope you are feeling better, Caroline. It stinks being sick in any manner. Hang in there!

Caroline said...

Thanks guys - and I totally agree, anything to get through it. I think it kind of derailed my training for a bit, but hopefully I'll catch back up!