Pages

21 January 2011

More kleenex, DayQuil, and Jersey Shore episodes than you can shake a stick at

This week, for the first time in my professional career, I called in sick. I've always taken pride in the fact that I rarely get sick, and usually it's just something minor that an evening away from exercise and being lazy instead can fix. But on Monday I started to feel the achy, head-stuffiness, chills, and sore throat that come with influenza. Tuesday I went into work, not feeling too terrible until the end of the day. I knew when I woke up on Wednesday that I wasn't going to be going in. Same with Thursday. And on Thursday night I figured I probably wouldn't be going in on Friday, at the rate I was going. I was right. I've spent the past 3 whole days laying in bed or on the couch, layered up in clothes because I'm freezing, covered in blankets, with the dog and two cats as extra heaters. I finished the last Harry Potter book yesterday and with nothing else left to read on my nightstand, I rotted my brain today by watching way too many episodes of the Jersey Shore on MTV.com. Bleck. On the upside, watching that trainwreck of a show makes me eternally grateful for the good, true, and drama-free friends and family that surround me in my life.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't be working out at all this weekend. I've already missed all but two of this week's workouts. But the most important thing to do right now is rest. And watch the Jersey Shore.

No comments: