So, last week my coach and I discussed and set up my 2010 race schedule. I'm not doing close to as many races as I did last year, which is probably a good thing, but I still feel pangs of "Oh, but I want to do that race... and that race... and how about this race" and I think I've started to drive her a little crazy with my daily trickle of e-mails with sly suggestions of how this race might be fun and that race would be a good tune up and I-don't-care-if-I'll-be-tired-I-want-to-do-the-race excuses. No. This year is about quality NOT quantity. And I will continue repeating that to myself every time I see another race I'd like to do.
So, here is the race schedule, in all of it's glory (and subject to modification if I am obnoxiously persistent or sneaky and weasel a few more races onto it... KIDDING!)
- Shamrock 1/2 marathon (March)
- Rumpass in Bumpass Oly triathlon (April)
- Country Music 1/2 Marathon (April)
- Kinetic 1/2 Ironman (May)
- Mountains of Misery (May) (sounds fun, doesn't it??)
- Ironman FRANCE (June)
- Musselman 1/2 Ironman... er... sprint (July) (just trying to see if you're paying attention)
- Ironman WISCONSIN (September)
- Beach2Battleship 1/2 Ironman (November)
And I will sprinkle in some 5Ks, 10Ks, maybe even a 10 miler or two into this schedule. I'd also really like to throw in a marathon sometime in the fall when Ironman Wisconsin is over. If I don't do a marathon, this will be the first year since 2002 that I haven't done a marathon - A bad omen for a new decade in my book! Technically, I will have done two marathons through the Ironman, but Ironman marathons and stand-alone marathons are two totally different beasts. We'll see how the fall goes. Maybe after IM MOO I won't want to see my running shoes for a few months.