Pages

20 January 2010

I'm still here!

I've just been lazy blog-wise. Mark has been out of town and I've been left to fend for myself - cooking and neatening up the house DO take a bit of time. In exciting news, I just bought a Dyson - the actual vacuum, not a pet (whatever animal we get next will likely get that name, keeping in tune with our current Hoover and Bissell). Unfortunately, the vacuum and I didn't have a pleasant first meeting yesterday when I tried to give it a whirl around the living room. (Stupidly) I was lifting up the bottom half of the vacuum just to make sure it was actually sucking (I really don't know what possessed me to do this, probably just because our other one never seemed to suck) and my finger got caught up in the whirling brushes. Fortunately, no major damage appears to have resulted from my foray into stupidity, but I did lost a chunk of skin near the nail and it did bleed. Gross. Mark received a meltdown phone call from me and I spent the rest of the night wondering how I managed to live on my own from 18-25 and make it through in one piece. Oh, and I'm tired of mac and cheese.

In other news, training is going fine, I'm enjoying it. We've gotten a warm spell in terms of the weather and running outside can only be described as splendid!

To bed so I can swim tomorrow.

No comments: