Pages

10 January 2010

Sunday workouts

Soooo, today's run wasn't exactly one of my best workouts. I find that I have a hard time keeping my heart rate "in zone" - I always want to go faster than I am supposed to. Sometimes the slow runs are almost more painful than the others, more physically painful and mentally painful because I have to keep paying close attention to my heart rate - I can't just run, and my stride feels short and cramped. But this is something I need to work on.

On the other hand, my swim this afternoon was great! I went to the Wakefield High School pool again, and they sun was bouncing off the water, making it feel like you are outside. The water was warm, and it was just a pleasant swim. At first, during my first 300yd repeat, I wasn't really in the mood to do the whole workout, it just felt like alot, but I got into a groove, and the workout flew by. It was great! I'm really liking this whole Sunday swim thing.

No comments: