Pages

03 January 2010

Too many options...

... for today's blog title, that is. We could go with "Bathing Suit Shows No Mercy: Effect of Holiday Cookies and Laziness in full bloom." Or we could go with "Oversize Furniture Buries Living Room." Finally, there is "It's Only Day Three of Training and I'm Starving." So, let's go with the first title: I ventured to the pool for a workout today for the first time in about two months. This meant wearing a bathing suit. I took one look in the mirror and it was OBVIOUS that I have fallen very far from my Ironman physique of yore. All the more reason to go to the pool! Mark and I tried out the pool at Wakefield this afternoon, and it was actually really enjoyable. The sun was shining through the wall of windows, the light playing in the water, and it almost felt like you were swimming outdoors (just much, MUCH warmer). It was a quick workout - 1000m (lack of time), but my arms and legs are feeling it (in a good way, of course). We were only at the pool for 25 minutes, as we got a late start and needed to be home for our furniture delivery, bringing us to the second title!

Yesterday Mark and I went to the Leesburg Outlets in the hopes of finding a couch or two, and maybe a chair. We totally lucked out - Restoration Hardware was having a great sale and we found an oversized couch and two oversized (and ridiculously comfortable) chairs. They were delivered today, with the big couch going in the basement with the television, and the two chairs going upstairs. The chairs are huge, and right now it looks a little crowded because we have the extra couch and papasan chair up there as well.

And finally, I'm so happy to be training again. I love the feeling of soreness in my arms and legs, and my appetite is back with a vengeance (not that I ever fully lost my appetite, but my off-season appetite is puny compared to my appetite the rest of the year - ha!).

First double workout tomorrow - run and bike! To bed early so I actually wake up early enough!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the pool at Wakefield (Audrey Moore that's the one you are talking about, right?) So nice for swimming - you almost feel like you are getting some time outside.

Caroline said...

I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the swim and I attribute it mainly to the amount of sunlight the pool area got. It was great!
PS - great seeing you, Dave, and Ben on Friday!